NAMA represents the $25 billion US convenience services industry.
National Automatic Merchandising Association (NAMA)
Purpose of this privacy notice
NAMA takes the protection of your data very seriously. This privacy notice provides information on how NAMA collects and processes your personal data. Our members and users should be aware of our policy with regard to personal data and have the opportunity to influence how their data is collected, processed and used. This policy applies to NAMA and the NAMA Foundation and all of their operations.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes throughout your relationship with us.
- You can adjust your privacy settings & how we communicate with you by contacting us at any time.
- You can unsubscribe from our communication at any time and your consent can be withdrawn at any time.
The data we may collect about you
We may collect, use, and store different kinds of personal data about you. This data falls in the following categories
- Identity Data- includes first name, last name, title, function, gender, and age
- Contact Data- includes company name, billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone (mobile) and fax numbers
- Financial Data- includes tax ID, bank account and credit card information
- Transaction Data- includes details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us
- Marketing and Communication Data- includes your preferences to receive communications from us such as event invitations and newsletters
- Events Data- includes details such as contact info, membership info, company info, ID/passport number, date of birth, dietary requirements and preferences
- Geographical location data
- Certification information- relating to certification programs, in which members are granted certification if they meet specified educational/employment experience requirements and/or pass an exam.
- Technical information- including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit- including pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number
How is Your Personal Data Collected?
You provide your data to us on a voluntary basis by direct interactions. You may give us your identity, contact, and financial data by filling forms or by corresponding with us by mail, phone, email or otherwise.
This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Visit our website and microsites
- Collaborate with NAMA
- Visit the office/building of NAMA
- Register and/or attend NAMA events, webinars, committees, etc.
- Subscribe to newsletters
- Apply for a Job at NAMA
- Apply for membership
- Request marketing material to be sent to you
- Share your feedback
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from public sources such as identity and contact data obtained from your company’s website.
NAMA event attendance:
Financial information transmitted by the participant for the registration to events is kept confidential and will be used solely for the purpose of the event; this information will not be transmitted to a third-party or sold for commercial gain. The requested identity card/passport number will be only used for the purpose of your hotel booking management & will not be kept in our database. Information related to your partner or dietary comments will be deleted when the particular event has taken place and we no longer need the information.
For what purpose do we process your data?
NAMA uses personal data to communicate and promote its services to members in the context of a legitimate interest (this means our interest to conduct and manage our business to enable us to provide the best services, products and support to our members and users and the best and most secure experience).
To promote its services to potential members.
Personal data may also be used for commercial and/or marketing purposes, like the promotion of NAMA events.
This communication is handled by mail, email, telephone or via social media and all NAMA mobile apps.
NAMA can use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Responding to questions (whether or not received through the contact form)
- Sending newsletters
- Listing in our Member Directory
- Issuing invoices and collection thereof
- Follow-up of meetings
- Sending targeted marketing and advertising opportunities
- Conducting satisfaction surveys and other market research
- To comply with laws
- Confirmation of the subscription of any webinar, seminar and event
- Where processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate business interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights.
NAMA event attendance: In the context of the participation at a NAMA event, the participant consents that NAMA will transfer his/her personal data (company name, first name, last name) to other participants with an attendee list distributed during the event as well as for networking opportunities between the participants with the use of NAMA mobile apps (list of attendees, messages between participants). He/she will also authorize the organizers to use any pictures, videos in which he/she appears for the purpose of its newsletter, member magazine, on the registration site of event, as well on the websites of the organizers and any of their social media tools for information about the event and its promotion.
Data Retention, For How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
Members: personal data is stored during the performance of the contract and can be adapted at any time upon request to the NAMA team, or by logging into the Member Area of the website to update your details. Performance of contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
Non-Members: We will store your personal data until the moment you have informed us that you no longer wish to receive our mailings, we cease the sending of the relevant mailings, or it appears that your email address is no longer in use (for example, when we receive a failed delivery notification). Consent can be withdrawn at any time.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of the personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party
- Withdraw consent at any time
You do not have to accept cookies and consent can be withdrawn at any time. You can learn more about how to control cookies here: https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-delete-cookies/.
If you do not accept or delete our cookies, some areas of our sites that you access may take more time to work, or may not function properly.
NAMAnow.org (and micro site) Cookies
The information that we collect with cookies allows us to statistically analyze usage of the site, and to improve and customize our content and other offerings. However, we only disclose information collected with cookies to third parties on an aggregated basis without the use of any information that personally identifies you.
Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of the site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our websites, make a purchase or make use of e-billing. These cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the site and therefore cannot be refused.
Analytics and Performance Cookies: NAMAnow.org and our micro sites use tracking cookies through Google Analytics. These cookies are designed to deliver information that is of most interest to you during your visit and beyond The Google Analytics cookie allows us to track, in aggregate, but in no personally identifiable way and without using personal data, traffic patterns on the site so we can optimize our web development and content efforts to better meet your needs.
Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to make the advertising displayed on the Sites more relevant to you. These cookies prevent ads reappearing and ensure that ads are properly displayed. Certain third party cookies may track users over different websites are will provide ads relevant to your interests.
Social Media Cookies: These cookies allow us to integrate social media functions into the Site and may also be used for advertising purposes.
Our sites are not directed to children under the age of 13, if you are not 13 years or older, do not use our site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If we learn that Personal Data of persons less than 13 years-of-age has been collected through our site, we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child or a minor under the age of 13 has posted, submitted or otherwise communicated Personal Data to our site without your consent, then you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may take appropriate action to remove the minor's Personal Data from our systems.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact us using the details below:
20 North Wacker
Chicago, IL 60606