Industry certification programs provide many benefits, not only to the individuals who hold the certifications and microcredentials, but to employers, the industry as a whole, and to the public. Below are some of the many benefits of professional certifications and microcredentials.
| For the individual:
- Successfully validates one’s knowledge of the field
- Demonstrates both internally and externally that a practitioner has the knowledge base to perform their job
- Enhances credibility and professional reputation
- Differentiates professionals from competitors who don’t hold a certification or microcredential
- Demonstrates a high level of commitment to the profession
- Provides a clear, value-added professional development path
- Looks great on a resume and a business card!
| For the employer:
- Establishes a baseline employee competence level
- Creates a competitive advantage over other companies whose employees aren’t certified Is more powerful than self-promotion, as knowledge is validated by a third party
- Is more powerful than self-promotion, as knowledge is validated by a third party
- Reflects company-wide expertise in an ever-changing landscape
- Makes for a more motivated staff with a higher morale because they feel important and necessary to the bottom line and overall growth of the organization
| For the industry as a whole:
- Enhances the reputation of the industry
- Identifies qualified service providers Provides a level of confidence in service providers
Lastly, for the external stakeholders, your customers – it puts you front and center to better serve your clients by increasing their confidence in their service providers.