Your future, our focus.
Thanks to the generous support of our donors, the NAMA Foundation is proud to offer scholarships to support workforce development in the convenience services industry.
Together in 2021 Show Scholarship
Scholarship Applications are Now Being Accepted
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021
This August 18-20, The NAMA Show and Coffee Tea & Water – Together in 2021 will deliver a first-of-its-kind experience in New Orleans, Louisiana. The coexistence of the two shows offers attendees the opportunity to enjoy the historical excellence of the Coffee Tea & Water education sessions together with the best-in-class tradeshow floor of The NAMA Show.
The NAMA Foundation recognizes that for some, it may not be financially feasible to attend due to the challenges associated with the pandemic. In line with its mission, the Foundation has launched a scholarship program to bring those who want to attend but may not be able to due to hardships.
Scholarships will provide up to $1,000 for operators to cover show-related expenses for registration, travel (air or mileage) and hotel accommodations. Applicants must be employed by a member classified as a NAMA Operator in good standing and present a financial need for assistance for consideration.
Scholarship recipients will be notified in late July.
Thank You to Our Generous Sponsors
Sponsor of Five Scholarships
Sponsor of Five Scholarships
Sponsor of Two Scholarships
Sponsor of One Scholarship
Online Educational Scholarships
Application Deadline: Coming Soon
In support of NAMA’s goal to be the premier knowledge source for the convenience services industry, the Foundation is pleased to offer scholarships for NAMA’s online learning courses.
- Selling Convenience Services: Sales Representatives Edition
Selling is often referred to as an art, likely because it is a beautiful thing when done right. NAMA’s online course, Selling Convenience Services: Sales Representative Edition, will train you in this art. Written and narrated by convenience services’ sales guru, Bob Tullio. This fully interactive course will inspire you to discover and close profitable business opportunities. Valued at $269.
- Selling Convenience Services: Management Edition
For sales managers, Selling Convenience Services: Management Edition provides two additional chapters on maximizing the performance of your sales team and understanding key principles of a good sales program foundation. Valued at $309.
- Recipients announced by June 1.
- Three scholarships will be awarded for the Selling Convenience: Services Sales Representative Edition Course valued at $269 each.
- One scholarship will be awarded for the Selling Convenience Services: Management Edition valued at $309.
- Check back for future educational scholarships.
Applicants must be currently or recently employed by a NAMA member company.
- Connie Baarlaer, Vendors Supply, Inc.
- Jon Holden, All Star Services
- Niki Morton, Casco Bay Food & Beverage
- Lihla Janke, Let’s Go Vending
Professional Certificate in Supervisory Management Scholarship
3 Courses • 12 Weeks • 100% Online
Application Deadline: Coming soon
- The Professional Certificate in Supervisory Management from Michigan State University will help you rise up in your career with essential management, leadership and analytical skills. Each online course is developed and led by the top-ranked faculty and management researchers of MSU’s Broad College of Business and designed to impact your personal and professional growth.
This professional development program consists of three 4 week courses to be taken in succession for the Professional Certificate or individually by those supervisors with established knowledge of management and leadership principles who are looking to target certain skills.
- Management Essentials — Management Essentials covers a wide range of fundamental concepts crucial for new managers who are faced with supervising direct reports for the first time. With four primary focus areas, the course will provide you with a toolkit of how to direct and manage, best practices for managing diversity in the workplace, the importance of decision making and communication and the key principles of people management.
- Leadership Essentials — Leadership Essentials covers a wide range of fundamental concepts, methods and practices designed to help mold leaders responsible for translating the vision, mission, and objectives to an organization’s first-level or departmental employees. With four primary focus areas, the course will provide you with the strategies and techniques for effective leadership in a supervisory role, self- and team-discovery through the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Assessment, successfully leading people and processes and using leadership behavior to overcome challenges.
- Essentials Analytical Skills — This course grounds you in the principles of critical thinking and human reasoning for informed problem solving and decision making. The course provides you with the strategies and techniques of critical thinking, how to best utilize thinking and reasoning in the operational environment, methods for leveraging data analytics and turning that data information into the action of effective problem solving.
One scholarship will be awarded to begin the Professional Certificate in Supervisory Management program June 1, 2020. This scholarship will cover all three courses in sequential order, valued at $3450.
- Applicants must be an aspiring or recent supervisory and have been involved in the convenience service industry for 2 or more years.
- Must be a full-time employee of a NAMA member company in good standing.
- William Berna, Coastal California
Previous Scholarships and Endowments