Elevate your business and advance your career: NAMA is the premier knowledge source for industry members.
NAMA Knowledge Center
Discover the Value of Certification
Industry certification programs provide many benefits, not only to the individuals who hold the certifications and microcredentials, but to employers, the industry as a whole, and to the public. Below are some of the many benefits of professional certifications and microcredentials.
For the Individual
- Successfully validates one’s knowledge of the field
- Demonstrates both internally and externally that a practitioner has the knowledge base to perform their job
- Enhances credibility and professional reputation
- Differentiates professionals from competitors who don’t hold a certification or microcredential
- Demonstrates a high level of commitment to the profession
- Provides a clear, value-added professional development path
- Looks great on a resume and a business card!
For the Employer
- Establishes a baseline employee competence level
- Creates a competitive advantage over other companies whose employees aren’t certified Is more powerful than self-promotion, as knowledge is validated by a third party
- Is more powerful than self-promotion, as knowledge is validated by a third party
- Reflects company-wide expertise in an ever-changing landscape
- Makes for a more motivated staff with a higher morale because they feel important and necessary to the bottom line and overall growth of the organization
For the Industry as a Whole
- Enhances the reputation of the industry
- Identifies qualified service providers Provides a level of confidence in service providers
Lastly, for the external stakeholders, your customers – it puts you front and center to better serve your clients by increasing their confidence in their service providers.