Build relationships with industry peers: NAMA is a dynamic, growth-oriented and essential business forum.
NAMA Industry Awards are presented to individuals that best exemplify consistent advancement of the convenience services industry.
View Press Release about honorees and virtual ceremony here.
The 3 awards in 2020 are:
Industry Person of the Year
The Industry Person of the Year Award recognizes an individual who has consistently exemplified the highest standards of professional excellence and achieved business success throughout his or her career in the convenience services industry. Candidates have been an inspiration and thought leader to others throughout their career.
Congratulations to 2020 recipient: Nicky Gacos, Owner, Colorado Café Associates
Operator of the Year
The Operator of the Year Award is presented to an individual that best exemplifies consistent advancement of the convenience services industry. Candidates must be innovative and possess a willingness to expand conventional business practices.
Congratulations to 2020 recipient: Craig Kushner, President, Monumental Markets
Allied Member of the Year
The Allied Member of the Year Award, presented to a non-operator member, recognizes an individual who has exhibited the highest level of integrity, dedication, and leadership to the convenience services channels. Candidates must provide innovative leadership, demonstrate responsiveness to the needs of the industry through education and best practices, and offer products and services that help operators grow their businesses.
Congratulations to 2020 recipient: Greg Garson, Vice President of Sales, Vendors Exchange International
In addition to the criteria listed above, nominees must meet the following requirements.
- Nominee must be a NAMA member in good standing at the time of nomination.
- Nominee exhibits a history of service and leadership to the industry. Active participation in NAMA, state councils, and their communities is highly valued.
- The nominee is respected within the industry due to her or his integrity, raising the level of professionalism, helping others succeed, and/or providing educational opportunities.
- Nominee must be innovative, possess a willingness to expand conventional practices and follow consistent ethical business standards as described in the voluntary NAMA Ethics Standards.
- Nominees must not have been honored with the award within 7 years.
The process for nominating a candidate is short and simple. The nominator will submit the nomination form (below) that includes the nominees contact information and a description as to why they nominated this person for the award.
The nomination process is now closed.
Award winners will be recognized at The NAMA Show.
Questions? Contact Tori Eberlein at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.910.8879.
Check out the Member Spotlight area to learn about past winners.