Advocacy in action: NAMA is the universally recognized and influential advocate of the convenience services industry.
As NAMA continues to monitor the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) we wanted to provide our community with government-issued guidance and answers to commonly asked questions about the virus.
If you have questions, we urge you to contact NAMA the Rapid Response Portal. This service will help ensure your questions are received and answered in a timely manner during this hectic and challenging time for the Convenience Services Industry.
State, Local, and Municipality Government Order Tracking
NAMA's GA Team has been working around the clock to ensure that the convenience services industry is deemed an “essential industry” and therefore can continue to operate. Our efforts have already produced positive results.
NAMA was successful in working with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to have them list “Workers supporting groceries, pharmacies, convenience stores, and other retail (including unattended and vending) that sells human food, animal/pet food and pet supply, and beverage products, including retail customer support service and information technology support staff necessary for online orders, pickup and delivery” as essential in its Memorandum on Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During COVID-19 Response.
Essential Industry Certification Documents
Operators in states following the DHS Guidance should print the below items for their employees to keep on hand while working.
Risk Mitigation Documents for Employers
Below are tools for employers developed by NAMA and its partners.
Food and Beverage Issue Alliance (FBIA)
- Positive Test Protocols – What to do if an Employee Tests Positive for Coronavirus
- Emergency Prevention Measures to Achieve Social Distancing in Food Manufacturing Facilities
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Government COVID-19 Relief Programs
Small Business Administration (SBA)
U.S Department of Treasury
Stay Informed with NAMA's On-Demand Webinars
Additional NAMA Advocacy
- NAMA's President and CEO, Carla Balakgie, sent a letter to President Trump, Senate, and House members
- Food and Beverage Industry Letter to Federal, State, and Local Officials
- Food and Beverage Industry Essential Service
Government Resources for Industry
U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers *NEW
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Fact Sheet for Employers *NEW
- COVID-19 or Other Public Health Emergencies and the Fair Labor Standards Act: Questions and Answers
- COVID-19 or Other Public Health Emergencies and the Family and Medical Leave Act: Questions and Answers
U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- FDA Coronavirus 2019 Website
- FAQs regarding Food Safety and COVID-19 *NEW Updates
- Temporary Policy Regarding Preventive Controls and FSVP Food Supplier Verification Onsite Audit Requirements During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- FDA Stakeholder Call Notes and Recording from 3.18.20
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- OSHA Coronavirus 2019 Website
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- COVID-19 Environmental Decontamination
Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- FAQs from FMCSA Regarding Emergency Declaration *NEW Updated
- Waiver for States, CDL Holders, CLP Holders, and Interstate Drivers Operating CMVs *NEW
- Emergency Declaration: HOS Regulatory Relief
- Expanded Emergency Declaration
Environment Protection Agency (EPA)
Coronavirus Information & Resources